Freight Acceptance Policy NZ Furniture Wholesalers
Deliveries of furniture from NZ Furniture Wholesalers are undertaken by Fliway Transport, or sometimes third party subcontractors. Furniture is dispatched from NZ Furniture Wholesalers warehouses in good order & condition – acknowledged by the freight company by way of signing the consignment note when the furniture is dispatched.
When the product is delivered, you will be asked to sign a consignment note, accepting delivery and responsibility for the product. Once you have done so, the product, in whatever condition it is in, is solely your responsibility (excluding any manufacturing fault, which is covered by warranty), and no claim for freight damage will be accepted beyond that point.
Fliway drivers are required stay at the delivery address for 15 minutes to give the recipient time to carefully check the goods. The steps you take are crucial!
- Carefully check the goods for any visible damage before signing for them.
- The delivery driver must wait for a signature on the consignment note before leaving the product
on your premises and in your control.
- Do not sign for the goods as in good order & condition unless you are satisfied there is no damage.
- If you are not satisfied with the condition of your product, or even unsure about the condition of your product, please sign the consignment note with damaged clearly marked. This will allow you 2 days to advise NZ Furniture Wholesalers.
- Under no circumstances should you mark the consignment note with STI or Subject To Inspection. This is not accepted by Fliway Transport, or other transport companies as a basis to claim for damage.
- Please be clear that once you sign to accept delivery of the product, you are accepting full
ownership for that product in its current condition.
While we understand this will take a little more effort at the time of delivery, we are confident that it will improve the whole delivery process and help to reduce the amount of complications should there be any damage to your order.